The Ramana temple is situated at the foothill of Pavarti.
It was a place where the Brahmins and learned persons were given dakshina by the Maratha emperor. During the period 1750 to 1810, this place was known all over India particularly among the learned Brahmins, who were trained in Vedic and allied studies.
The place surrounding the temple was used by Peshwas to felicitate Sanskrit scholars all over India. They were examined by prominent ministerial persons such as Ramshastri Prabhune and were rewarded as per their merit.